Monday, December 19

Marshmallow taffy

We were at WalMart the other day and they had some French vanilla marshmallows shaped like snowmen.
Naturally, we bought them. For hot chocolate, of course.
Yeah, we were tossing them in our mouths by the handful.
Anyway, last night as I was about to pop one in my mouth, I remembered a recipe I learned about a year ago.
Two ingredients: marshmallows, and your fingers.
You take a marshmallow and start pulling and twisting it. It gets easier as you work it longer. It also gets messier.
Anyway, you keep pulling and twisting until the marshmallow is stretchy, gooey, and shiny. The shine is how you can tell if it's ready to eat!
Then you stick your very messy fingers in your mouth and get all that taffy stuff off there.
Messy, sticky, delicious. :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You know, I don't really care for marshmallows. I can have a few little ones in hot chocolate, but other than that, yuk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! Becca and Megan J. showed me this the other day and it has permanently altered the way I eat Marshmallows!!!

    ReplyDelete