Monday, October 10

Fort Pickens Pics From an OLD Trip

So this May we (this being me and my co-op history class)went on a field trip to Fort Pickens. It was absolutely one of the best field trips I've been on, mostly because everyone who was along is a friend, or at least not an enemy. :)

Part of the courtyard

"DON'T FALL OFF, ABBIE!!!"

I don't remember what these things are, but they're cool looking!


Stairs over a tunnel

Again-don't know, but it looks cool!

The really, really big gun on top of the fort

Joel fell off the edge.
 Actually, there's a ledge right below. This was the location for several goofy photos.

I think these were called the parade grounds.
 Note the cannon.

This poor young man isn't with us anymore.
 He moved to Colorado.

We went down to the beach afterwards. There were some dolphins further out, but I couldn't get them on camera.
It was a really great field trip, and I kind of learned some stuff. Or not. Mostly though, it was just a great time of silliness and fun with friends. Hopefully we can do it again this coming year!

2 comments:

  1. Joel still talks about this! It looks like it was a lot of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was insanely fun! I still talk (and blog!)about it too! :)

    ReplyDelete