Monday, May 14

Scholarship recital

Geoffrey and I both won $200 for summer music camp from the Choctaw Bay Music Club. It was a huge blessing for me, as I really wanted to go but I was short about three hundred dollars... :)
We've both applied for music camp now, and I only have fifty dollars left to save! 
Anyway, part of what we had to do to get our money was come play at a recital for all the scholarship winners. Along with playing a solo piece, I was asked to accompany for a trumpeter, who played a Haydn trumpet concerto. I played good old Scarlatti, and Geoff played "Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks" from "Pictures at an Exhibition" by Mussorgsky. We were at a beautiful church in Fort Walton Beach, Saint Simon's on the Sound.
 Geoff was so very excited to be there!
 After the recital, (we weren't supposed to take pictures during the thing and the ones we took afterwards look weird) I went out and took some pictures of the pretty stuff outside the church! :)



3 comments:

  1. Sarah Me =)14/5/12 7:58 PM

    Aw! Poor Geoffrey!! ;} I wish we could have gone!! :( OK...so normaly I understand unusual names for pieces of music...but BALLET OF THE UNHATCHED CHICKS?!? =O And its funny because we have about two dozen eggs in the incubator right now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, you need to record Geoffrey's song and put it on here so Sarah understands the name. :-) It's a really cute song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Me =)15/5/12 8:35 PM

      Oooooo!!! =D PLEASE!!! XD

      Delete