Friday, July 26

Summer Memories #1

Okay guys, I'm back.
(wait for applause to die down)
I've done a lot of cool things this summer, and I know that though you have heard bits and snippets of everything, I haven't gone into detail about anything. Now there's been so many fun things happening that even though I'm going to do this in a series, I won't be able to tell you everything, but I'm going to share some of my favorite summer memories with you guys, with accompanying photos of course. 
 I'm going to start with my family reunion, even though it wasn't technically the first fun thing that happened this summer, simply because it's going to be one of the two biggest sections. Okay, so these guys right here are some of my favorite people in the world. Not to mention that they are amazing ultimate players. God really blessed me with a wonderful family and I am so thankful that we get those few days together every year.
 Every year on our first night together, we order out for pizza. It is yummy, it is fun, it is nuts. I like it.
 An interesting tidbit about my cousins - some of them are somewhat obsessed with fire. And don't get me wrong, I love my crazy pyromaniacs, but...not always in the forest...but having a bonfire or two has become tradition, and we all love to sit around the fire and say random things/sing random songs/strike random poses.
 Oh, picture day. Um. I absolutely ADORE picture day. We all do.
 I will never forget the hike I went on with these adorable girls (and Dad). Nor will I forget trying to walk up a steep gravel hill carrying Bethany piggyback. It was not fun, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?
 Ooooh, we had good times on the rocking porch. Yes sirree. Taking selfies to our heart's content, discussing deep matters of life and the heart, exchanging pickup lines....those are the things that really matter in life.
 We had a good time on the pier. The boys made a brilliant scientific discovery: if you spit in the water, the fish will come and eat it. That kept them occupied for a good twenty-five minutes. I enjoyed relaxing on the rocks across the shore, and flopping across the drainage system while everyone else vaulted graceful as gazelles, and trying to get smiles out of my cousins.
 Ah, and how could I forget the fish. We had a mini biology lab - twice. It was awesome.
 Dis es most of de gang.
This is the time that PJ, Jacob, and I wandered around the side of the lake, almost got run over, failed planking, sang songs, and were late for dinner. This was also awesome.
So yeah! There's some of my memories from our family reunion in Banner Elk! I suppose there's another post to come about some more stuff. I hope you enjoyed it and let me know if there's anything you specifically want to hear about!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that looks like so much fun! I love family reunions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like time well spent with fam, food, fun, and adventuuure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Me :)31/7/13 10:50 PM

    Yay! Finally some pictures! :D (although I have seen them already...) Yay! Finally some pictures AND you talking about your trip!! ;D <3

    ReplyDelete