Saturday, November 17

Prayer Warriors

Am I a prayer warrior?
This is something that's been on my mind a lot lately...
What does it mean, anyway? Well, you don't have to agree with me, but I thought I would give my thoughts.
These are what I think are the characteristics of a prayer warrior.

1. Trusts God in the big and small things.
2. Is not ashamed to pray in public.
3. Is not too shy to ask for prayer or tell people they're praying for them.

Of course there's more but I'd like to cover these few things in greater detail than I could with lots of topics. :)
Trusting God...this is so easy to say but hard to really do. And I don't know if I'll ever fully understand the depth of how greatly we can trust God...He literally could kill me whenever He wanted. I guess the realization of that is what creates fear of the Lord...which by the way, I don't think means being scared of God. It means realizing exactly what He could do to you and knowing that He doesn't because He loves you. 
But back to trust...I've been learning about this really in the past week. There are so many terrible things happening in our lifetime...and we need to pray about those. But what I've found has really been helping me to trust God in my life is praying for the small things. Even seemingly insignificant things - finding a lost pair of keys, getting a parking spot, having a good piano lesson - praying about stuff like that and seeing God answer it right before me is so awesome (and I mean that in the strictest sense of the word) Seriously, try it! I challenge you - see what happens! God will show Himself to you if you ask Him. :)
Praying in public...wow, this can be hard. I know that I get so caught up in the mob mentality that it's very hard to be the only one praying...BUT YOU CAN CHANGE IT! I know that I have a tendency to forget to pray over meals and such when I'm out with friends, but if I see someone else doing it, I'll remember! Be the one who reminds everyone else! We're not supposed to blend in, we're supposed to stand out from the world : in it but not of it.
Lastly, if you're praying for someone, tell them! It could be exactly the encouragement they need! You never know what people are going through... :/ And asking for prayer is totally the norm among Christians. If you are ashamed to ask your Christian friends for prayer, you should maybe do some thinking about your own spiritual life (and I'm no expert...this is just my personal experience) Ephesians 6:18 - Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; (KJV)
I challenge you to think about this.
I challenge you to be unashamed.
I challenge you to pray.

3 comments:

  1. VERY good post. So true. Great job, Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bible is full of paradoxes, and I really like the paradox of the words "prayer warrior." We are to pray in secret, but we are warriors when we are praying. Good thoughts, Meredith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...
    You always give me a lot to think about. Thank you for sharing such things to help encourage your readers! It really helped for me!

    ReplyDelete