Tuesday, August 19

Back to School Essentials

Monday was the first day of school.

*breaks down sobbing over the death of my good friend, summer*

I know most of you share in my grief.

I'm back to dual enrollment, and after my first day, I think I can expect another interesting semester. 

Admittedly I was slightly terrified to go to my first class despite this being my third semester, namely because I watched God's Not Dead a week ago and I was heading into a philosophy class in a decidedly non-Christian environment.

Fortunately, the scariest thing that happened was that I had to get to know a stranger and then get up in front of the class and introduce him. 

College is great, guys.

Perhaps some of you are feeling overwhelmed by the coming work and stress of the school year.

Well, I have a blog, so obviously I know what I'm talking about. Here are my essential tips to make getting back to school as pain-free as possible.

1. Do something exhausting the week before you start back to school (just make sure you have time to recover before school starts). I flew across the country and then gallivanted all around California and then flew back across the country less than a week before I headed back to school, and I didn't even have time to get nervous or stressed about school starting.

2. Wear a fantastic outfit on the first day. Especially if you're going to be walking into a classroom. Your outfit and the confidence you have in it will be the first impression your classmates get of you.

If you don't feel like this,
Keep trying.

You'll get it. Thumbs up everybody!

3. Have your phone handy in case you're early to class. Unless you're unfortunate enough to be in a school that doesn't allow cell phones to be visible period when you're in the classroom, this simple device can prevent a whole lot of pre-class awkwardness.

As a general rule, I don't like to talk to people, especially random people I meet at school. So whenever my classmates get uncomfortably chatty, I pull out my phone and *BOOM* I have an instant excuse to be my wonderful taciturn self. If your neighbor doesn't get the hint, execute evasive maneuvers.

4. DO NOT forget your wallet in the classroom on the first day only to realize it's missing halfway to your next class which you only had fifteen minutes to get to, causing you to have to hustle back to your first classroom and, upon not finding your wallet, to frantically search for your professor's office, making you late (and sweaty) getting to your second class.

^^^this is definitely a purely hypothetical situation^^^

5. Based off of number four, I feel like I can accurately say that it's a good idea to have a backpack to keep your stuff in rather than leaving your things loose to stealthily slip under your chair and get lost.

6. Don't blog the night before class instead of doing your homework.

Wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment